Singing voice, SATB choir, orchestra (Soprano Voice Solo, BarSolo, SATB Choir, 2 Fl, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 4Hn, 2 Trp, 3trombone, timpani, harp, 2 V, 2 Va, 2 Vc, double bass, Org)
Composed by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924). Edited by Christina M. Stahl and Michael Stegemann. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Version of 1900. Score. Opus 48. Duration 30 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09461. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09461).
Item Number: BA.BA09461
ISBN 9790006540105. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Language: Latin, Text Language: Latin. Preface: Christina M. Stahl/Michael Stegemann.
The"Messe de Requiem"is probably the internationally best-known and most frequently performed work by Gabriel Faure . The composer's first version was limited to just five movements and small-scale forces with low strings, harp and organ. The work was then expanded several times culminating in the version for large orchestra of 1900. This orchestral version forms the basis of this edition.
Despite its comparatively long period of gestation, the Requiem forms a stylistic unity. Unlike other requiem settings, the composer foregoes any theatrical gestures in this work. A restrained dynamic range together with graceful melodic writing for both soloists and choir give the work a gentle and optimistic character.
The vocal score is based on the volume of the"Complete Works of Gabriel Faure"(BA 9461) published in 2010. It is important to note that this vocal score is also compatible with the first small-scale version as well as the second chamber orchestra version.
- High-quality Urtext edition based on the"Complete works of Gabriel Faure"
- First systematic evaluation of all sources
- Based on the large orchestral version of 1900
- Informative Foreword (Ger/Eng)
- Vocal score suitable for all versions of the Requiem
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding