Piano Piano (Piano solo) - Henle Level 2-5
For Piano. Composed by Muzio Clementi (1752-1832). Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 3 -- TCL 2016 Grade: 4, 6. Classical. Softcover. 56 pages. G. Henle #HN848. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480848).
Item Number: HL.51480848
ISBN 9790201808482. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Towards the end of the 18th century, Clementi increasingly advocated the piano as the successor to the harpsichord. He composed expressly for the new instrument and in 1801 published a piano school. His interest in teaching is also shown by the “Six progressive Sonatinas” op.36 – six sonatinas in ascending order of difficulty, which are still extremely popular with today's piano teachers. Our Urtext edition follows the long established practice of using the musical text of the first edition from 1797. Clementi's original fingering, which is surprisingly modern, has been included throughout the work.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)