Chamber Ensemble 2 Horns, 2 Violins, Viola, Double Bass (2 Horns, 2 Violins, Viola, Double Bass)
2 Horns, 2 Violins, Viola and Bass Set of Parts. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Egon Voss. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With parts for Horn in E flat and F; with parts for Cello and Double Bass. Classical. Softcover. 80 pages. G. Henle #HN955. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480955).
Item Number: HL.51480955
ISBN 9790201809557. 9.25x12.25 inches.
It is hardly surprising that Beethoven did not write any more chamber music for winds after 1800. Following the change to middle-class musical culture, demand declined for buoyant serenades and divertimenti intended for court circles – a genre that Beethoven had reservations about as it was. Composed in 1795 with no known occasion in mind, his Sextet op. 81b is thus all the more remarkable, standing out on account of the unusual virtuosity of the horn parts. This Henle edition is the first to provide the bass part as originally intended by Beethoven: for violoncello supported by a double bass. In addition to the original horn parts in E flat, it also contains transposed parts in F.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)