Wind Instruments Trumpet, Piano Accompaniment (Trumpet and Piano)
With Trumpet Parts in E, E-flat, C and B-flat Trumpet and Piano Reduction. Composed by Johann Nepomuk Hummel (1778-1837). Edited by Michael Kube. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Piano reduction in E and E flat. with Trumpet parts in E/E flat, C and B flat. Orchestral material at Breitkopf. TCL 2016 Grade: 8. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 106 pages. G. Henle #HN840. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480840).
Item Number: HL.51480840
ISBN 9790201808406. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Hummel's Trumpet Concerto is still one of the most popular concertos for this instrument. He composed it in 1803 for the Viennese court trumpeter Anton Waidinger, whose newly developed key-trumpet enabled him to play in a much more virtuoso manner than on the traditional natural trumpet. Our Urtext edition reproduces the work in the original key of E major with solo parts in E and for the more common trumpet in C. Due to the fact that the concerto is nowadays often performed in E flat major, our edition also contains a piano reduction in E flat major for trumpets in E flat and B flat. The different transpositions are now available in one single edition for the first time. Breitkopf & Härtel are publishing the performance material at the same time.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)