Strings Piano Accompaniment, Violin (Violin and Piano) - Henle Level 9
Violin and Piano reduction With Marked and Unmarked String Parts. Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Edited by Linda Correll Roesner, Michael Struck. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 128 pages. G. Henle #HN818. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480818).
Item Number: HL.51480818
ISBN 9790201808185. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Brahms' only violin concerto was given a very warm reception by his contemporaries and has been an important piece in the violin repertoire ever since. It bears witness to Brahms' fruitful collaboration with Joseph Joachim, who contributed a cadenza. The composer's original and extremely demanding piano reduction has been carefully simplified for our edition by Johannes Umbreit. This Urtext edition follows the musical text of the new Brahms Complete Edition. The eppendix also contains an alternative version of Joachim's cadenza that to date has not been published in a practical edition. Alongside Joachim's original fingerings and bowings there are also fingering suggestions by Frank Peter Zimmermann.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)