Chamber Ensemble Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon, Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass (Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon, Violin, Viola, Violoncello and Double Bass)
Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn, Violin, Viola, Cello, and Double Bass Set of Parts. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Egon Voss. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With parts for horn in E flat and F. Classical. Set of Parts. 90 pages. G. Henle #HN25. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480025).
Item Number: HL.51480025
ISBN 9790201800257. 9.25x12.25 inches.
“Send my septet out into the world a little faster – because the rabble is awaiting it”. It was thus that Beethoven bade his publisher make haste in 1802. The public did not take offence at this rather derogatory term: Today the Septet op. 20 for Wind and Strings is one of the most popular chamber music works for a larger ensemble, together with Schubert's Octet. Our edition follows the musical text which will soon appear in the Beethoven Complete Edition. As the only practical edition available at the current time, our Urtext edition not only contains the original part for horn in E flat but also a transposed one for horn in F. For Clarinet, Horn, Bassoon, Violin, Viola, Cello, and Double Bass.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)