Mixed voices (SATB) - AB
28 Songs in Jazz, Gospel, R&B, Soul, and Show Styles. Composed by Charles Beale and Steve Milloy. MSER00022. Classroom Songs. Song book. Oxford University Press #9780193435568. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193435568).
Item Number: OU.9780193435568
ISBN 9780193435568. 297x210mm inches.
Popular Voiceworks is a fabulous collection of jazzy and popular songs in the highly practical Voiceworks format. Packed with songs in a huge range of styles, from unison to four parts, the collection provides exciting new material written by the authors as well as choral arrangements of favourites such as 'Comedy Tonight', 'Straighten up and fly right', and 'Dancing in the Street'. You'll find soul, jazz, funk, swing, spiritual, gospel, disco, show, folk, motown, R&B, doowop, hip-hop and more - all presented with practical advice on teaching and rehearsing. There are plenty of opportunities to improvise, as well as guidance on using the voice to sing popular styles. An accompanying CD includes stylish performances of all the songs together with backings for most. This all adds up to a fabulous resource for all young and young-at-heart singing groups!
- 28 fabulous songs from unison to four-part harmony
- Ideal for youth choirs, school groups KS3 upwards, community choirs, and choral groups of all ages and experience
- Opportunities for improvisation throughout
- Vast range of repertoire including jazz, R&B, funk, swing, spiritual, gospel, disco, show, and more
- Brand-new songs and new arrangements of popular favourites
- A complete rehearsal plan for each song, including warm ups and guidance on vocal techniques for singing popular styles
- Stylistic but accessible piano accompaniments
- Photocopiable pages
- CD with complete set of performances and stylish backings for most pieces